AZORES: Yoga, Nature & Nurture Retreat Adventure – JUST A FEW SPOTS LEFT
May 13-19, 2019
The Azores, Sao Miguel Island…described as a blend of Hawaii and Ireland, with tastes and culture of Europe. Its dramatic scenery, volcanic cliffs and beaches, beautiful rolling hills make it is MUST SEE destination. It is lush, green and off the beaten path. It is Europe meets the Tropics.
The Azores are an outdoor lovers paradise. So rich in breathtaking scenery with incredible hikes to volcanic rims, rolling hills like Ireland, hot springs, tidal pools, fabulous deserted black and white sand beaches, surfing, biking and of course yoga. Sao Miguel is the largest Azores Island (Portuguese), located in the Atlantic about an hour flight from Lisbon, Portugal and about 5 hours (direct flight) from Boston, USA. It provides plenty of culture with the European feel, yet very much its own place.
It is in the Top 10 most SUSTAINABLE PLACES IN THE WORLD, which means its really clean, the food is the freshest and delicious, local wines and liquors from their vineyards, mostly everything is locally sourced and organic.
Expect Spring-like temperatures in the 50’s and 60’s – perfect for outdoor adventuring and exploring. The weather in the Azores is sub-tropical and often unpredictable, that is what keeps it so lush, like jurasic park and creating those amazing rainbows! There will be plenty of adventures and truly getting to experience the Azorean way with our retreat hosts.
The Retreat Center:
We will be staying at Quinta Minuvida Orchard Lodge,which is surrounded by gardens and fruit orchards. There is a swimming pool, fire-pit, observatory tower and plenty of private areas for relaxation. All accommodations feature lovingly renovated suites, each unique and gorgeous, with its own private bathroom. It is centrally located, only 15 minutes from the airport and about 30 minutes from most attractions. We are close to beaches, walking trails, hotsprings and bike paths, not to mention the largest fishing port in the Azores. Yoga room is equipped with mats and props. Click here for more photos of Quinta Minuvida and its grounds.
– 6 Nights / 7 Days lodging at Quinta Minuvida (this includes early morning check in on May 13th. Flights from Boston depart on May 12th (redeye). We can also accommodate late night arrivals on May 12th for those traveling from Europe
– Local sourced meals: Daily breakfast, 5 dinners – (some at Quinta Minuvida, some at nearby restuarants), 4 lunches (some picnic style on the day excursions)
– Two guided group excursions to some of the island’s best hikes, relaxing hot springs, beaches and local towns, including all guides and transportation
– Daily/Twice daily Yoga and Meditation classes with Elaine (depending on excursions and weather, some classes may be outdoors on our excursions)
– Roundtrip airport transfers from Ponta Delgada Airport (PDL) to Quinta Minuvida and back (about a 15 minute ride each way).
What’s Not Included:
– Airfare to Ponta Delgada (PDL) – we will provide you with info on which exact flights to book.
– Most alcoholic beverages (one is included with each dinner)
– Additional excursions or cab rides
– Shared suite accommodations (2 rooms for 3-4 people, one shared bathroom): €1645 euros
– Double accommodations: €1745 euros
– Single accommodations: €2145 euros
How to Register:
Please contact Elaine O’Rourke directly for booking information and payments.
€300 deposit (non-refundable) is required. Full payment is due November 1 2018 .
All Prices are Per Person in Euros. Payments in US $ will be subject to rate of exchange of date of payment.
Cancellation policy: €300 deposit is non-refundable. 50% refund (except for the deposit) with cancellation before Jan 31 2019
Flights from Boston USA depart on May 12th, redeye flight, arriving approx 6am on May 13th