WHAT I CAN OFFER YOU
As an experienced and knowledgeable yoga teacher and sound therapist, I have plenty of different techniques to offer you.
If you are going through an illness or in the recovery process, then I can connect and relate with you because of my own personal medical circumstances. I was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease in 1993 and have had an ileostomy since 2005. Thankfully, I now live a very full-filling life. All our stories are different but I feel there is a deeper level of understand when you have gone through something yourself.
Through modifying my own yoga practice I was able to calm myself, move through the stressful times and deal with the challenges of having an ostomy bag. Breathing techniques and visualizations were most beneficial, followed by gentle and restorative yoga. It all took time and patience to discover what felt appropriate and safe along my journey to full health.
I know the pain, discomfort, anxiety, stress and body image issues that illness creates. These affect us on many different levels – physically, emotionally and mentally. There are many tools available to help us grow, evolve and heal. I hope to be able to share these with you and ultimately inspire and empower YOU.
Specializing in guiding people with:
- IBD (Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Ostomy (colostomy, ileostomy, urostomy)
- Physical body issues/physical limitations
HOW IT WORKS
- Complete and email me your history intake form
- Let me know your available times for our first private session
- Once we have confirmed a time then you will need to process payment
- You will need to have a skype account and we need to be in each others contacts (see using Skype unless we are meeting in person).
These are customized online skype (or in person) sessions to guide people through a therapeutic yoga practice. They are scheduled at convenient times for the client. For online sessions you need a device which has a camera which is usually built-in. Refer to “how it works section” for more information and to “Using Skype section”. There is always time to share and ask questions. The client can expect some of the following:
- Breathing and relaxation techniques to help calm the body and mind
- Guided healing meditations and visualizations
- Gentle yoga
- Restorative yoga
- Stronger movement based practice for those that are ready
- Time to share and ask questions
SMALL GROUP SESSIONS
This is for those who would like to have family and friends join them for a session. People can all be in different places once there is access to internet. This is perfect for building support network and relationships. Refer to “how it works section” for more information
RATES AND PAYMENTS
Payments are done through the “online store” or by check. Advance payment for sessions is required and confirms your appointment. Sessions are typically 1 hr. The rates and packages are:
You will have access to a private Facebook page to connect with other people. You can share information and stories, ask questions and discuss different issues. In time I will offer larger group sessions. Also there webinar presentations by special speakers on a variety of topics.
MEDICAL INTAKE FORM
- Download skype onto your computer device. http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/
- Become familiar with how it works and make sure to test your sound.
- Please let me know your skype name so that we can be in each others contacts.
- I will call you via skype at our scheduled time.
LINKS AND RESOURCES